Submitted by NCAAaintgonnadoshit t3_10mr609 in rva

The longer story is that DPU sent water bills as well as trash and recycling bills to an old address and I only found out about this the other day. Also the natural gas bill but I know I owe that. No payment has been made on this account for 18 months because they sent these to the wrong address.

DPU has removed all late fees but my lease says that my landlord pays for water as well as trash and recycling.

I have two landlords over the 18 months (apartment switched owners part way through) to talk to and this is a big mess and the landlords want to talk to their bosses and this whole situation is a Gordian knot that IDK how to deal with properly and may take some time.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gowhatyourself t1_j65hl7e wrote

If your landlord pays all of these things why would your name be on it at all?

JVorhees t1_j651avs wrote

They sent water and trash bills for your new address to your old address? Are you sure they weren't the bills for that old address that you moved out of?

OddWelcome2502 t1_j65aqob wrote

Good point. DPU doesn’t just start billing you out of nowhere, you would have to start an account with them and transfer service.

NCAAaintgonnadoshit OP t1_j6o2by3 wrote

I had to transfer gas to the new address and they must have set up the other bills.

Charlesinrichmond t1_j65pq9p wrote

So I'm spacing on the name but the housing legal aid group would be who to talk to. I imagine if you Google housing legal aid Richmond it will pop up