Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

choicebutts t1_j2zwz3i wrote

I was told by someone at the bar that a parking meter worker was shot somewhere farther up Grace Street. A driver returned to his car and found the meter guy processing a ticket, shot him, and ran away. That's really stupid because if the meter guy had already started the ticket process then the car's plate is in his ticket machine as the last entry. Also, the car's still there.

The victim went into the Village for help, and Grace and Harrison were blocked for about an hour while the cops looked for shell casings.

So some poor guy's in the hospital and the Village is losing a night of business because some hothead didn't want a $25 ticket.

Captain_Tiberius t1_j305lh7 wrote

I was walking into Roots across the street when a flurry of cops, an ambulance, and a fire truck showed up to the intersection. They took a stretcher into the Village Cafe and brought out a man who was wearing a neon yellow safety vest. He was holding a towel to his face, but luckily he didn’t appear to be in a life or death situation. As I was leaving, they were roping off the intersection with crime scene tape and my phone buzzed with the VCU alert.

Really messed up that someone would shoot a parking meter worker just trying to do a job and make money.

coxwin t1_j337pwr wrote

Hi, Village employee here. All is well and we are back to regular business hours today. I'm currently trying to get an update on the victim's condition. We just happened to have a nurse dining with us last night who sprung into action and sat with the victim while we waited for EMS- she and her party ate for free, of course. Thanks for all the support RVA it means so much to us :)

The_UnknownTA t1_j303tli wrote

People really are incredible. Shooting someone doing their job over $25. Jail time vs a little pocket change. Just crazy.

OPACY_Magic t1_j30eail wrote

Holy shit I saw this meter worker today when I was picking up from roots 30 minutes before he was shot. Wtf man.

jbarrish t1_j34jjlw wrote

"Hothead" is way too kind. You're a special kind of stupid when you see someone writing you a parking ticket and decide pulling a gun and attempting to murder them is the solution. People whose brains are this broken need to be institutionalized.

scoobiemario t1_j2zdhvm wrote

From VCU alert:

Brief description of how the crime took place: Richmond Police and VCU Police departments responded for a shooting that resulted from an altercation between the victim and an unidentified male. The victim was shot in the leg and the suspect was last seen traveling West on Grace Street on foot.

Suspect/s: Black male wearing a grey hoodie, 5 ft. 6 inches in height with curly hair and carrying a black semi-automatic handgun.

hipscrack t1_j2zp97f wrote

Per their Instagram, Village Cafe is closing for the rest of the night.

nightopian t1_j31h0ss wrote

Shoot all your life problems away. Great motto. Lock up this poop head.

C-C-Top t1_j2zlk6o wrote

thank you for the warning

[deleted] t1_j33k6qv wrote

[deleted]

−5

ThatBoyAiintRight t1_j33nk9a wrote

If you associate yourself with ACAB in either direction as a privileged person, you're an idiot.

You are assuming there are other idiots around like you, on either side, here. Nobody in this thread is like that and you are making up an imaginary enemy in your mind to debate because you're a boring person. Just get a life man.

All of us normal people are tired of you morons who want to bring up and debate politics 24/7 in an attempt to mask your embarassing education level.