Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j4i5rsx wrote

Yeah but before they closed in the fan all the food was from 80's/90's. Shrimp cocktail on the menu is going to get you any awards. Just Saying

grampscirclea t1_j4i7h4s wrote

Sure, it got outdated. But that's normal. Then you start fresh with some new ideas, and hopefully reinvent your business. Hopefully it works out for them, Dale is incredibly talented.

Ms-Pamplemousse t1_j4jlry4 wrote

I feel like you're being a little disingenuous by suggesting their food was as basic as shrimp cocktail. I never saw that on the menu. Did they have a few items that were on the menu for *years* (like their delicious ceviche)? Yes. But they had a lot of regulars who were regulars for a reason.

[deleted] t1_j4jor3f wrote

I wasn't saying it wasn't good, and yes, there was a shrimp cocktail on the menu,
I wouldn't judge by how many regulars to measure how good a restaurant is unless it fills up the restaurant with them 3+ times a week. Restaurants also can't live on regulars. Lots of shit places have a lot of regulars.

Ms-Pamplemousse t1_j4jpvai wrote

I expected to maaaybe see it on an old photo of their bar menu, but even that didn't have shrimp cocktail. I still think you're full of it.

[deleted] t1_j4jqvxd wrote

That’s fine, but when I went to eat there for the first and only time after hearing the hype I vividly remembering see shrimp cocktail and being like wtf. But hey you don’t have to believe me. 🤷🏻‍♂️