Submitted by uhh_J t3_10omls0 in rva

I've been searching online for information about GED classes in the Richmond or Chesterfield area... All of the websites for Richmond and Chesterfield seem to be outdated or have broken links/links to pages that no longer exist. Wondering if they still have in person classes somewhere and if night classes were a thing.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

big-heck-nah t1_j6fltrh wrote

Call the Richmond Adult Career Education Center tomorrow. 804-780-8311

RVAblues t1_j6humaj wrote

I got my GED through the RACEC almost 30 years ago and I don’t regret it at all. Obviously it’s probably a lot different now, but I gotta say, it was run by some of the most caring and genuinely helpful folks I’ve ever met. Totally changed the outcome of my life.

OP, call them up, go to the classes if you need to, and schedule that test.

(And then see about some community college classes after you get your GED. Seriously—jobs often ask how much schooling you’ve had and “some college” is an option. That puts you on a level playing field with anyone else who went to college but didn’t get a degree—regardless of whether they got a traditional high school diploma. If you can get through a couple/few classes, it’ll make a big difference.)

JeffRVA t1_j6hnf7t wrote

I used to work at Richmond Alternative School and I can confirm that calling this number will get you the answers you need. I just spoke with the GED coordinator last week.

master_sweep t1_j6g0nt1 wrote

There are GED classes at the district 1 probation office on Everglades drive