Submitted by roonerspize t3_10k8mdk in rva

Check out NASA Wallops Twitter feed for the latest: https://twitter.com/nasa_wallops

"The latest forecast from our weather office is reporting a 90% chance of favorable weather conditions for @RocketLab's first Electron launch from Wallops scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 24, with no concerns during our 6-8 p.m. EST launch window."

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BureauOfBureaucrats t1_j5p28ng wrote

I love telling my friends that we have a spaceport right here in Virginia. Cool!

roonerspize OP t1_j5p3i91 wrote

To add to the coolness, Rocket Lab brings a healthy amount of Kiwi irreverence to the process.

Like back in 2018, they launched "It's Business Time" with a nod to the Flight of the Conchords song of the same name.

fusion260 t1_j5qsp57 wrote

I love that tonight's mission is named "Virginia is for Launch Lovers" ❤️

roonerspize OP t1_j5qtnn9 wrote

Live stream is up by the way. T minus 20 some minutes

fusion260 t1_j5r09md wrote

I was out there for a few minutes and I didn’t see anything resembling a bright moving dot that wasn’t flashing 😭

I had the livestream right in front of me while I confused-Travolta gestured around, too.

roonerspize OP t1_j5r0j4g wrote

Bummer. I'm over here on the shore about 15 miles away. It went up successfully.

Sailinger t1_j5qy8oi wrote

Cool! Thanks for posting, I was finally just able to see a launch. Every time I’ve remembered about one they scrubbed the launch and then I’d forget about the next time.

freetimerva t1_j5qzn64 wrote

I wasn't able to see it from Southside unfortunately