Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ScottRVA t1_j5uokyu wrote

I just got a positive Covid test. Any tips on how have others have handled it? I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

TheCheeseDevil OP t1_j5uphmk wrote

Just fluids and rest, for me. I took supplemental vitamin D but I don't really know of it helped. It seems a little different for everyone that gets it. My second round I had horrifying congestion that my cold medicine did not even begin to touch, but that phase was over after a day.

ScottRVA t1_j5uw94w wrote

TCD, thanks for the encouraging words. I am older and it is frightening.

Jellyfishes_OW t1_j5w20f5 wrote

Treat symptoms, lots of fluid and lots of rest! I'm sorry you've got it :(

(I had it a few months ago and my symptoms were mild plus I couldn't get the special med because it interacts with one of my regular meds)

ScottRVA t1_j5wnzri wrote

Thanks for the encouragement. Because I am old it scares me. I called my doctor but never got a call back. I wondered about the drug I heard about and will go to Patient First or one of those places and see if I can get a persdeiption. I was curious how long you were sick.

Jellyfishes_OW t1_j5y5oc1 wrote

I was sick for about a week but ended up with long covid fatigue that lasted a few weeks. I got tired easily, my blood pressure rose easily (I would try to go for walks but it made my head hurt so bad from pressure that I just couldn't).