Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RVAforthewin t1_j5bklnq wrote

Moseley resident here. Seriously wishing the BoS would do their job and force developers to put some revenue towards building new schools. Tomahawk Creek is at twice its capacity. We’re building schools to catch up instead of building to get ahead. Don’t get me started on Hull St, either. It’s very clear this is one of the fastest growing areas any time you need to do a thing: get gas, go grocery shopping, drive to 288. It’s madness.

Routine-Expert-4954 t1_j5blq5n wrote

Hull St is the absolute worst at morning and evening rush hour.

RVAforthewin t1_j5es4za wrote

Yesterday (Sat) we were anticipating a nightmare drive between Otterdale and 288. There was actually almost no traffic on the road…sweet! Then, every single light turned red as the previous light turned green and we approached the next one. It would have been impressive if it wasn’t so annoying. You just can’t win on that stretch, I’m convinced.

Edited for clarification

opienandm t1_j5bp438 wrote

This was exactly what many people said when the BOS was “debating” cutting cash proffers in half in 2015. With that move, the BOS not only increased the velocity of development, they reduced the ability of the county to grow the infrastructure in parallel to the growth in households. I know that the cost of proffers are just passed on to the home purchaser, but I’m not sure there is a better way to get the funding up front to support the growth as it is actually happening.

Developers are happy though.

RVAforthewin t1_j5esd3x wrote

As are people when they don’t have more taxes. Many people who cry about taxes are also crying that there aren’t enough schools.