Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lupicia t1_j7iwgje wrote

So. I've had both kinds of C-sections.

Planned cesarian like with my twins can be good, but emergency ones are traumatic, especially after a 'failed' labor. This double whammy is very, very physically draining. It took me months to be able to sit up and years to regain full use of my abs (which you use for everything). Then add on the emotional regret and shame of not being able to go 'natural like women are built to do'. And shame from the attending pediatrician for pushing too long. Like I had a choice.

Yeah no obstructed labor followed by emergency C-section is worse (ETA: in my experience) than my kidney stones, worse than broken major bones IMHO.

StressedCephalopod t1_j7iwq3b wrote

Thank you for the explanation. Sorry you had to go through that as it sounds horrendous (I've had chronic kidney stones much of my life, so... oof).

Lupicia t1_j7ixq4k wrote

Same! Sorry you're dealing with kidney stones. They suck. If it's any consolation nothing beats kidney stones except that craziness, not even "regular" labor or C-sections or surgery or IUDs. Kidney stones are crazy.

rougewitch t1_j7iyxcb wrote

Ive had 2 C-sections and chronic kidney stones- stones are worse bc they are like time bombs that will go off whenever they feel like it. The chronic back pain doesn’t help either.

porkminer t1_j7j4i2l wrote

I'm going to go out on a limb and agree that prolonged pain and difficult recovery mixed with emotional turmoil are absolutely worse than kidney stones. I have chronic stones, several times per year I get stones that barely pass. I'm lucky if I only get 1 or 2 too large to pass. I still don't believe that my suffering equates to yours. Pain is subjective, however, so comparisons are a good way to start an argument.

Lupicia t1_j7j7lzq wrote

Yikes friend. Have you talked with a urologist? That's not okay. I've passed four or five and that was more than enough to get me referred. I'm surprised if you haven't been urged to get a more effective treatment for recurring stones or at least an analysis of the stone type so you can help dissolve them. Unless you have already?

porkminer t1_j7j84mq wrote

Yeah, my diet is exceptional strict between my kidney issues and diabetes. Most of them pass with moderate discomfort. Usually only some painful twinges followed by a persistent ache for a few days. The larger ones get toradol and an antibiotic sometimes. The really big ones get a short hospital visit. Urologist and endocrinologist. I also have a cardiologist though that's preventative, not worth the risk with my other issues and family history.

Lupicia t1_j7j8r5o wrote

Glad to hear you have great care! Be well friend.