Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sadi89 t1_ja5yy2r wrote

Phototherapy was helping me too, but not enough to get it down from sever. I don’t know about you but my biggest issue with topicals was applying them carefully when so much of my body was covered in tiny plaques. It was painstaking.

I was lucky with my erythrodeemic psoriasis. I was only 24 at the time which I’m sure helped. Staying hydrated and getting treatment is absolutely key. Luckily it’s pretty easy to notice, because your skin gets red and hot and starts peeling like a snake. And even if you have skin issues, it’s a thing that you look at and go “huh, I should probably call someone”. It’s the only time I’ve ever had a same day derm appointment and I think it was at like 6pm…which is really late in the evening for dermatology

_skank_hunt42 t1_ja61k7b wrote

Applying the topicals is absolutely painstaking. The easiest method I have found is to mix the steroid ointment with lotion (I use one with urea because it helps soften the plaques really well) and then slather my whole body with it. I do it at night and wrap my arms and legs in plastic wrap to keep it in place. Sometimes I’ll even wrap my abdomen up too but that one is hard to do on my own so I don’t do it too often. When I apply it to my scalp I will wear a swim cap over it all night. It looks and feels ridiculous but it’s the only way to treat my scalp.

sadi89 t1_ja67asj wrote

I had a flair of sebopsoriais in 2020 that is in its last bit of healing now. It was mostly on my scalp/face. What finally helped clear it up was t/sal shampoo which helped soften everything/remove plaque build up, and after that I’d use t-gel. After the shower blow dry my hair and then apply my topicals. The T/gel and t/sal both worked ok on their own, but when I started to use the t/sal followed by the t/gel is when I started to see a huge difference. My theory is the t/sal helped soften and remove plaque build up enough that the tgel and medications could actually get to the problems areas to treat it. And I’m sure the extra 5 min in the shower letting the t/sal sit also helped soften things.