Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

atchijov t1_j8held8 wrote

The same reason why some choose to beleive into 2000 years old fairy tales… makes life easier.

Not better… not more fulfilling… average person perfectly happy if tomorrow is as today… as a matter of fact, they will stay “happy” even if tomorrow slightly worse than today… especially if you can point to other people and “explain” that they are the reason.

ORIGINALBLACKPLAGUE t1_j8hgx92 wrote

That you spend your days on the internet incessantly making this argument like it matters, or will change someone's mind, or that the imaginary points that some random strangers will give you for regurgitating it validate you paints an interesting picture

−54

WeirdAndGilly t1_j8hna9m wrote

It takes practically no time in his commenting history to see that he doesn't do that, particularly incessantly.

You've got a burr under your saddle around people pointing this out ever don't you?

atchijov t1_j8hs1ac wrote

To be fair… I do have very little patience with religion(s) in general and institution of “church” in particular. And you probably can find dozen comments from me on the subject (though considering how old my Reddit account is… it most likely will be less than 1 comment per year :) )

Johnnyamaz t1_j8itgcl wrote

Say they're right without saying they're right. Religion is just copium, especially when it's your personality.

Karmas_Accountant t1_j8k5owo wrote

My favorite part of posts critical of group think/faith/religion/etc is that inevitably some religious person will get so triggered that they will unwittingly prove the point made by the critics. Its like clock work. They cant help themselves.