Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Awsum07 t1_j8lrd6i wrote

As someone who suffers from migraines, I can attest to this.

Mr_Mananaut t1_j8oowqs wrote

Thank god my company drug tests, otherwise I’d be able to find a cheap alternative to the myriad of migraine meds I’ve tried.

Awsum07 t1_j8opmks wrote

My company does too. If you have your medical Marijuana card, as I do, they can't really contest it. (Tho I've heard it's dependent on company policy, but I've been forthcomin' at every hirin' process & never had issues)

Neb_Djed t1_j8oq2u3 wrote

Legalization was a migraine game changer for me. THC works for me instead of CBD, I notice no impairment signs if usingnTHC to hole having a migraine, guess it's being used up by my body. I could be entirely wrong, please someone correct me, but have been told THC works better as it's a vasodilator instead of the anti-inflammatory effect of CBD

HIimWASTED t1_j8ps4jc wrote

As someone who also suffers from migraines, it makes mine worse

Awsum07 t1_j8pzjpm wrote

Depends on the bud, if I'm dehydrated or hungry, but yea.

I don't really attribute that to the marijuana tho.

MadScience_Gaming t1_j8m5fx5 wrote

I used to suffer from really bad migraines connected with epilepsy. Weed not only prevents both, but if a migraine started, a quick bowl would get rid of it instantly. Migraines used to make me go blind, I remember the first time I tried smoking to alleviate the pain and seeing the visual fuzz shrink back down and vanish, literally in a few seconds.

tarbuck t1_j8lzbz4 wrote

"Headache Disorders" appears to only refer to migraines in this instance. Other disorders such as cluster headaches were not considered.

GatoradeNipples t1_j8r8970 wrote

Interestingly, cluster headaches have been shown to react well to psilocybin.

MatsThyWit t1_j8nh0u6 wrote

I could have told you that. It's to the point, living in Michigan where it's legal, where if I'm feeling soreness, pain, headaches, or even slight nausea... I'll take a couple hits off a bowl or a joint and within about 30 I'm usually back on my feet. Works better than any bottle of aspirin or Tylenol ever did.

thesouthwillnotrise t1_j8m9fb5 wrote

weed only helps with the nausea part. my migraines can’t be treated unless i have a BC powder near by and cold packs. what’s y’all’s advice?

-downtone_ t1_j8mmrtz wrote

Possibly Glycine and GABA. Both are inhibitory neurotransmitters. Taking them daily might help possibly.

Happy_DOLPHIN_123 t1_j8nn48y wrote

I am definitely one of those on the opposite side. I use it for my autoimmune pains, but the side effects are constant low-grade headache. And about twice a year, I still get a big one. I can not use anything but indica. The others, full migration potential. Sucks always being on the freak end of stuff that should improve life.

AutoModerator t1_j8lh64w wrote

Welcome to r/science! This is a heavily moderated subreddit in order to keep the discussion on science. However, we recognize that many people want to discuss how they feel the research relates to their own personal lives, so to give people a space to do that, personal anecdotes are allowed as responses to this comment. Any anecdotal comments elsewhere in the discussion will be removed and our normal comment rules apply to all other comments.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

-businessskeleton- t1_j8px7z2 wrote

lives in Australia well... Zero chance it'll help me then

grehund t1_ja7fq92 wrote

There are several medicinal cannabis clinics here in AU that can prescribe for migraines.

sooprvylyn t1_j8lo1h3 wrote

Just smoke your weed and stop trying to justify it. Its fun, thats justification enough ffs

−23

ButterBallTheFatCat t1_j8lwctk wrote

Bro thinks scientific studies on ways to help with pain are bad!

dsbllr t1_j8ly2nk wrote

I think the frustration is there's always a new article that refers to a study and vast majority of the time it's BS or the truth is over extended.

We need proper studies that are not influenced to make marijuana look bad or good.