Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Classic_Beautiful973 t1_j939pay wrote

Some places did. The plant near Raleigh, NC generates enough power for about a million people, although additional reactors that were planned ended up getting cancelled. About a third of the states energy comes from nuclear. Hence why rates are still $0.12/kWh there.

Or, as an alternative, I live in Washington now, where much of our energy comes from hydro, and we're at $0.10/kWh.

Our country needs to be smarter about who we vote for. Infrastructure and a variety of other issues should come way before a minor tax break, yet people seem willing to sell their soul for a few more dollars up front. We end up paying that tax break back many times over to predatory private industries, widescale power outages, inflation / national debt, and numerous other very obviously forseen consequences

[deleted] t1_j942y7s wrote

I have fairly cheap power and there is a nuclear plant not far from here. Though I don't know how much I actually get from it.

[deleted] t1_j9432u2 wrote

It sucks because it's a PR nightmare now so it basically impossible to get anyone that interested in it