Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Antaries9000 t1_ja4g10n wrote

I had very serious binge eating disorder, it was like a huge slow-moving hurricane, I got somewhat ravaged by but the hurricane is slightly moved away from me. I developed a stomach issue, where my stomach would just hurt if it got overfull, still undiagnosed, I do have a Ehlers-Danlos syndrome which might contribute. It became a chronic thing I basically couldn't binge but if I did I would have stomach pain for many days. Because of this I did go out the habit of bingeing. They get me wrong I still tried to. In fact I had the regular smaller sized meals. I had to learn to be really careful if I was eating out and there was a lot of delicious food. Also a little later I developed ulcerative colitis, the type of disease I got makes me prone to constipation rather than going several times a day. This meant I couldn't afford to be constipated because hard stools would tear up my colon, and I would get bleeding and mucus.

Because of my bowel issue, stomach issue I was forced to become healthy and Eat better, and it was in no way hard at all. I thought I'd be missing out but actually the peace of mind of not being on some blood sugar rollercoaster is really pleasant. Many ways you like the rollercoaster because it took up all my attention help me escape my problems.

But before I got the health problems I just could not stop food bingeing, it was a total prison when I had no choice it was so easy. I don't know how this helps anyone, Other than to say the addiction is all in the brain. Possibly it helps to have some major event, doesn't have to be health but may be moving to a different place, getting a different job. I don't know but wishing everyone the very best, good luck.

I do have a few replacement addictions, mostly Internet -related, life is a constant battle but it's possible to have great victories as well.

agarimoo t1_ja5ok43 wrote

Thank you for sharing your story. I believe food addiction is way more common than we think but people are just ashamed to talk about it so, hearing other people’s stories always helps. I’m so glad you got over it and I hope your health is great now. Have a lovely day