Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Nanocyborgasm t1_jckl9l7 wrote

I’m a medical doctor that’s been seeing Covid patients since the start of the pandemic and I’ve never seen any patient with any Covid vaccine-related complication.

stupidsimpson t1_jckn8uo wrote

I thought I read the risk of myocarditis was higher for people infected with the virus than those that were vaccinated, is this true?

Nanocyborgasm t1_jckrh66 wrote

It’s true. The only cases I had seen in the last 3 years were in patients with Covid.

Zeplar t1_jcmphyd wrote

That's the subtext of pretty much all the vaccine side effects. I don't think there has been a single side effect reported that isn't also caused, at higher rates, by infection.

iTITAN34 t1_jckvrdk wrote

This is true. The incidence of any myocarditis post vaccine is in the neighborhood of 4 cases per 100,000 vaccinated individuals. The incidence for non-vaccinated individuals post covid infection is around 2-5 times higher depending on the study (i believe the range was due to exclusion factors of the study, i remember reading on that found a certain subdivision of patients had higher incidence and were excluded from subsequent studies)

TheWoodConsultant t1_jclzzzv wrote

That said, the incidence rate for both infection and vaccine is extremely variable depending on age and gender (as this study clearly points out). This study was specifically looking at the age group that other studies showed the highest incidence levels from vaccines and some of the lowest rates from infections.

Dramatic_Rich_9413 t1_jcmimtz wrote

If you're a doctor then you should be smart enough to know that a lot of these cases of myocarditis are asymptomatic in children. To make it simple for you, they aren't going to the doctors because they don't feel different. You wouldnt really be able to tell unless you did a study and recorded heart health data.