Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Confident_Bridge9811 t1_iqnkrny wrote

You could have had a very mild case. Seems to be more common with bad cases, but it still can happen with mild ones.

Difficult-Product223 t1_iqnm627 wrote

Yes, but that’s my point about not being able to get an antibody test to actually know rather than just assuming. Also the timing, possibly coincidence, is suspect…booster and then 2 weeks later, bang LC began.

−5

Confident_Bridge9811 t1_iqoqvoo wrote

You catch viruses at any time, including when you go out to get vaccines. Pharmacy or doctors offices have a lot of sick people coming through. That's why I still wear masks, especially at those type of places.

Difficult-Product223 t1_iqov04l wrote

How many times have you been sick for 10 months with symptoms that match a current pandemic (LS)? Thanks for explaining viruses. My wife is a PhD in biochem and my son is at Harvard doing a PhD in immunology after working in a COVID lab at NIH….but ya, maybe it’s a 10-month cold.

hanakuso t1_iqp0k91 wrote

They’re suggesting you contracted COVID (the actual virus) at the time you got your vaccine, not from the vaccine itself. Why not discuss your theory with your son instead of trying to be snarky on Reddit?

Difficult-Product223 t1_iqp6r5b wrote

After 10 mths of the crappiest health of my life I have become a little curt because this is a common dialogue that most every person with LC has multiple times with Doctors, Friends, Coworkers, and random commenters. However, I cannot point to a test that says LC-positive. My apologies are not sincere but I wish they were because that would mean I have my life back, apologies for that. Here are the 2 theories: 1. Totally unnoticeable case of Covid became LC, or, 2. Never had Covid but immune system did not like the mRNA jabs at all and has gone into overdrive to screw things up long-term. Have not done an antibody test yet, have had many PCR tests, including a negative one (performed poorly) soon after symptoms arose. Had neck surgery in the meantime. Got rid of the headaches and brainfog (mostly) by taking gobs of antihistamine (Allegra) a common LC suggestion. So i'll try the test you mentioned (thanks). If it's negative, it is not at all unreasonable to think the mRNA vaccine has had this horrible inflammation effect. In the beginnings of mRNA technique research this was a big issue, maybe it's been solved for the vast majority but 1% which is millions are not liking the approach of turning your own system into a spike protein production plant. So what's frustrating is that nobody is looking at this stuff. I am not an antivaxer, I'm probably the opposite, I have access to great resources, but it doesn't mean there's zero chance of some harm to some people.

Confident_Bridge9811 t1_iqrqtth wrote

Yes, you CAN have asymptomatic covid and develop long covid after that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-asymptomatic-spread/fact-check-people-with-asymptomatic-covid-19-in-acute-phase-may-later-develop-long-covid-symptoms-idUSL1N2TQ1HR

AND it happens to be quite unfortunate that the vaccines are not as good at preventing long covid in the vaccinated than we hoped. I've read it prevents long covid from as little as 15% of the time up to about 50% of the time. Especially waning over time I think?

That's why I'm getting my booster next weekend, the new one. Can't wait for my kids to be allowed to get it, they are in the 5-11 ranges. Hopefully it will only be a few weeks.

My MIL caught it on vacation, and had a very mild case. She developed long covid, and a worsening of her other illnesses. She had 2 doses, but had not gotten around to the booster. My FIL was boosteed, he never tested positive.