Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ApizzaApizza t1_iqo7nuj wrote

For double vaccination…

I’ve gotten like 5 vaccinations. I’m curious what the rate would be for someone who’s kept up on all the recommended ones

justgetoffmylawn t1_iqocxtl wrote

Will be interesting to see if additional boosters are helpful and to what degree. Unfortunately since long Covid is sometimes symptoms beyond six months or a year, it obviously takes a long time to collect robust data. We won't know how the bivalent affects long Covid rates until well into 2023 at best.

VespiWalsh t1_iqo7weh wrote

I got 4 and I am scheduling the 5th one next week. I too am also curious how or if being fully boosted would make a difference.

LittleFigureheads t1_iqob3yn wrote

Could I ask what country you're in/got your vaccinations? I only got my fourth one (bivariant strain) a week ago and didn't know a fifth one was already available.

ApizzaApizza t1_iqocqj7 wrote

USA. I’m +1 because I forgot to bring my vaccination card but they gave the shot to me anyway, but I needed to have it on my card for a trip so I got the omnicron boostie twice.

LittleFigureheads t1_iqondom wrote

Thank you! I was all ready to go get another round. Haha. (Note: I did not grow up in the States, but rather in a separate countries where there were national government drives for vaccination, as well as a science kid, so I understand the role of vaccinations against hospitalisation and severity, and advocate for choosing to be vaccinated.)