Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

madmax766 t1_iuz22hp wrote

This is fascinating research, targeting transcription factors would be a fantastic way to treat neoplasms and autoimmune disorders. It’ll be interesting to see what these do to the rest of the body’s cell lines if animal/clinical trials are eventually begun. I’d be worried about them especially targeting hematopoietic cells.

Mcozy333 t1_iv1dukl wrote

check out how cannabinoids do it. article - cannabinoids go nuclear, evidence of activation of peroxisome proliferator activated receptors

aristotelianrob t1_iuz6wt8 wrote

Man I was wondering who was going to do this first. Great idea but clearly it took a long time to figure out how!

FrostReaver t1_iuzne1g wrote

This seems like an interesting treatment option for certain cancers. I do have some concerns about this synthetic molecule they mention, but do not provide any biochemical description.

It sounds like it's binding to the DNA temporarily to inhibit the transcription factor from binding. I would be curious to see how it would impact DNA replication and how it enters and leaves the body.

AutoModerator t1_iuyx7s2 wrote

Welcome to r/science! This is a heavily moderated subreddit in order to keep the discussion on science. However, we recognize that many people want to discuss how they feel the research relates to their own personal lives, so to give people a space to do that, personal anecdotes are now allowed as responses to this comment. Any anecdotal comments elsewhere in the discussion will continue to be removed and our normal comment rules still apply to other comments.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Mcozy333 t1_iv1dz0c wrote

phytocannabinoids from cannabis plant also target drug resistant cancers and help the person to eliminate cancer