Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Feisty_Check4998 t1_iz229ig wrote

So do we need bats to like have a good ecosystem? Or are they kinda like deer or wolves where they need to have their population controlled?

−5

Strazdas1 t1_iz4d9o1 wrote

Bats do play a role in the ecosystem, i wouldnt suggest exterminating them. unlike mosquitos, those we can destroy.

wlerin t1_iz4xnf6 wrote

We need bats, deer, and wolves to have a good ecosystem. And many animals besides.

Feisty_Check4998 t1_iz4ydwp wrote

Well I didn't mean that we currently are making those animals go extinct. But in many places people hunt deer and wolves and also keep them out of their town as much as possible to protect the other wildlife. Currently there were about 30 cows that mysteriously died and no one knows how but doesn't look like wolves. So I should've worded what I meant differently. So I didn't know if the virus being traced to them was going to make scientists start thinking hmm maybe we need to control the population or whatever to get them to not spread viruses to us or other animals. I'm not a scientist idk if that's even how they would do it. Was just inquiring to see if someone else did. I'm a math nerd so