Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

izzo34 t1_j09ykso wrote

Am 41 and am all fucked up physically. One doctor was kind enough to give me 2 pain meds a day. But we moved and now nobody is willing to do it. I've been thru physical therapy, I do the things they suggest. But it doesn't help. So I just have to live with it until I die. Unless I get cancer. Then they said they would help.

GoinWithThePhloem t1_j0aie6f wrote

35 and I had this same thought the other day. I have some genetic build issues, 3 major knee surgeries and some sort of mystery shoulder problem that causes me more pain/frustration than everything (it aches when I sleep, when I reddit, when I work out, when I stand there ... ALL THE TIME). I’ve done all required PT plus some, and I’m still dealing wirh a lot of imbalanced pain all over my body. I was sitting in my car with my shoulder throbbing thinking, “this is going to be the rest of my life.” Even if I end up finding the cause of my shoulder problems.. what are they going to do? Rehab it? Perform surgery? My knees are a mess, and those have both been fixed I’m still very active, yet i can’t help but be frustrated.

kobemustard t1_j0bo7qg wrote

I had problems in shoulders and other joints and I think a lot of this is inflamed tendons but I think I have a genetic predisposition to develop inflamed tendons. Try and dig around that area and feel for a muscle band that is tight. Then keep massaging it until it softens. Another thing I’ve found is if a movement hurts the tendons aren’t moving properly, in my head I see this as the tendons not gliding past each other smoothly. I try and overload it to basically force that area to move Work it until it really hurts and repeat it as much as possible. Takes a month but this has fixed a lot of issues that have come up for me.

Ragnakak t1_j0aa333 wrote

What is the origin/cause of the pain?

[deleted] t1_j0as13u wrote

[deleted]

Saryrn13 t1_j0ayqh3 wrote

It helps pain but as a chronic pain patient it doesn't do what we need it to. It just makes us hate life a little less and makes the pain minorly easier to deal with...

GhostlyImage t1_j0b6pdn wrote

When I tried weed for pain after breaking my hand it made me hyper focused on that pain to where it was the only thing I could feel like it was a candle in my body's darkness.