Submitted by Pro_RazE t3_112rhn0 in singularity

I know someone will eventually make an app for this. All you need to do is feed your digital diary into the LLM for example GPT-3.5.

Now the AI knows basically everything you have written in the diary.

You can ask it questions like:

1. When did I graduate from my university and how was the experience?
  2. Why did I broke up with Sydney and how did I move on from her? Did I contact her again?
  3. What did I eat on 8 January 2022? and so on. Well you get it. You can ask natural questions to your digital diary.

The more information it has about your life, the more better responses you will get.

You won't have to find the page you are looking for and read information that you don't want to. You will get exactly what you want to know about.

I predict in future there may be a technology where it automatically feeds what you are doing in your life into data that you can feed to the AI. So it is super easy to know about every little detail of your life.

Multimodal AIs will become common in the future so images, videos, and sound can be used too.

This is amazing (but I think this has privacy issues). What do you think?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RowKiwi t1_j8lv2e7 wrote

I wonder if it can speculate on themes and motives and causes. Like the guy who asked the "theory of mind" test question about bill and the dog shirt, and it answered correctly.

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8ly19p wrote

Yes that should be possible too. It can guide us for the future as it learns from the past data. Like some mistake we made in the past about something, it can tell us on how to do it again in a better way. A lot of possibilities!

I was just using OneNotes from Microsoft and I thought what if they integrate GPT into that. A very personalized bot that knows everything about your notes so you can easily get information. People who write about their daily life on it can benefit greatly from it.

Edit: this solves the privacy problem. If you can trust Microsoft OneNotes and write about your daily life, I think it wouldn't matter if a bot can learn from it and answer questions. Everything stays inside the app.

RowKiwi t1_j8lz2ld wrote

Your private diary would leak eventually, everything leaks eventually.

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8lzjt8 wrote

There is another solution but this may take time. And it is that you run the bot locally with no access to the Internet. You put your files in a folder which the bot can learn from and then use it like that. Better open source models are currently being worked on so we will see something like this in a few years (and by that I mean a bot that you can feed information to which runs on a consumer gpu).

GenoHuman t1_j8m6hln wrote

I thought of this too but for audio and video recordings. In my country we have the right to record any conversation we participate in so I thought like for my safety it would be great if I could record everything just in case someone says something or does something to me, then I can simply ask an AI to go through the vast amount of recorded data and pick out those sentences or bad parts that I might want as evidence etc... isn't that crazy?

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8moorw wrote

This will definitely be possible in the coming future. Crazy times are coming 😂

anaIconda69 t1_j8m6xxq wrote

You should pitch this to someone. Sounds like an amazing product that could be created right now.

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8mpa4r wrote

This will be a huge success if companies like Google, Microsoft, Apple etc. makes this because people have a long relationship with them. They share a lot of personal data with them already so will be okay using this feature too (not everyone ofc). They can simply integrate the bot into their own notes app.

Suppose a random startup launches an app that can do this today, I doubt many people will trust it with their personal data. Personally I won't either.

In the long term scenario with Multimodal AIs. Google can integrate it into their Android OS. Easily access all your life updates through natural conversation with the bot. It can basically scan photos, videos, sound etc. everything. Your phone is your second brain.

anaIconda69 t1_j8mtnpm wrote

That's a good point, though a new service could integrate with google/facebook data (and later get bought if they succeed).

Google already has a mini-version of this with Google Photos showing pictures from 1/2/3 years ago

icedrift t1_j8mdlqy wrote

It would struggle with with questions that span against too much text. Like say you asked it, "how long was I working at McDonalds?" in a daily diary and you worked at McD's for 2 years. They don't have enough context.

No_Ninja3309_NoNoYes t1_j8n6me8 wrote

My friend Fred wants to focus on code, preferably one programming language. The plan for his possible startup is to do unit tests, correctness proof, and linters to assure quality.

Related to LLMs, I have been thinking about news, tweets, and blogs. Pictures would work too I think. But killer apps tend to be video related these days like YouTube and TikTok. So you need an intermediate step to get some text.

FlowRiderBob t1_j8ng8wb wrote

I have kept a journal since I was 14 years old. I am 47 now. I am anxious for the day when I can feed it into an AI and hear what it has to say about me and my life. But I also don't think I would feel comfortable unless the information was protected from being seen by human eyes.

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8ngxya wrote

It has a solution too as I mentioned before in the comments. In a few years you will be able to do this locally in your PC. Not connected to the Internet. So it stays inside your personal hard drive. I understand your concern for privacy, I kinda think the same :)

manubfr t1_j8o23uo wrote

Me: enters life into bot

Bot: reads, shakes head

thepo70 t1_j8n4pez wrote

Be careful what you wish for ;-)

PrivateUser010 t1_j8qrk0j wrote

I see no problem with this. What could possibly go wrong? lol

evgeney t1_j9m2yk7 wrote

This is already easily doable and being done. Do some searching on YouTube. Lots of examples which connect to writing tools like obsedian

Kogni t1_j8mrdu4 wrote

Redditor finds out about GPT-Index.

−1

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8mso7b wrote

Nobody cares about GPT-Index. It's about ease of access. This is how ChatGPT became viral and made Google shit their pants.

Kogni t1_j8n6mi1 wrote

> I have this amazing idea thousands of programmers have been building variations of for the past two months using GPT-Index.

> Nobody cares about GPT-Index, this is a completely novel idea!

−1

genericrich t1_j8ocyez wrote

No privacy considerations there, lmao. "Just feed your entire personal life into this black box that may keep it forever!" What could possibly go wrong?

Just keep a diary, bro. Nobody is going to ask themselves your example questions, in real life.

When did I graduate? Pretty sure people know this answer. Did I like the experience? Do you have dementia? You know if you liked it.

Why did I break up with X? Pretty sure you remember why. Did I contact her again? Why do you want to know this?

What did I eat on some random date? Who cares? Is this really worth literally giving a machine outside of your direct control (or understanding) access to this data, forever into the future?

Seems silly and only borderline useful. Not worth the tradeoffs you would be making.

−1