Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RowKiwi t1_j8lv2e7 wrote

I wonder if it can speculate on themes and motives and causes. Like the guy who asked the "theory of mind" test question about bill and the dog shirt, and it answered correctly.

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8ly19p wrote

Yes that should be possible too. It can guide us for the future as it learns from the past data. Like some mistake we made in the past about something, it can tell us on how to do it again in a better way. A lot of possibilities!

I was just using OneNotes from Microsoft and I thought what if they integrate GPT into that. A very personalized bot that knows everything about your notes so you can easily get information. People who write about their daily life on it can benefit greatly from it.

Edit: this solves the privacy problem. If you can trust Microsoft OneNotes and write about your daily life, I think it wouldn't matter if a bot can learn from it and answer questions. Everything stays inside the app.

RowKiwi t1_j8lz2ld wrote

Your private diary would leak eventually, everything leaks eventually.

Pro_RazE OP t1_j8lzjt8 wrote

There is another solution but this may take time. And it is that you run the bot locally with no access to the Internet. You put your files in a folder which the bot can learn from and then use it like that. Better open source models are currently being worked on so we will see something like this in a few years (and by that I mean a bot that you can feed information to which runs on a consumer gpu).