Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Surur t1_j6tuq4j wrote

> You act like ChatGPT just threw that out there instead of was prompted "write a poem about an ai taking over the world"

Actually I asked it to turn my post into a poem.

> Also your logic is not that great because the vast vast vast majority of people don't know how anything works right now anyways.

But some people do. In the future, for some areas, no people will.

Lastly, do you see any flaw in the progression, with AGI taking control first in some areas, then more and more, until it becomes the foundation of our civilization.

Iffykindofguy t1_j6tveqi wrote

"Some people" do not, some people do know how this works partially here, some know what works there, no one knows globally. Youre protecting a facade, something that isn't there. And yes, your progression is such 80s horror nonsense its cliche at this point. It absolutely could replace all those things and I agree that it would be bit by bit without anyone knowing but you act like there's will be no human activity in those times other than lounging about. Thats not how humans work.

Surur t1_j6tvrdt wrote

> but you act like there's will be no human activity in those times other than lounging about.

This is an extremely vague objection, like talking about souls and spirits and patriotism.

The point is that if AGI is good we will slowly relinquish control, because humans are lazy and greedy.

Iffykindofguy t1_j6txhst wrote

How is talking about humans continuing to exist and be active like talking about souls and spirits? Jesus christ we got a "logic" guy over here lol. Humans arent really lazy or greedy, though many of us are. Its kind of fallout from how our society developed. That'll change as we grow.

Surur t1_j6tyxte wrote

> Humans arent really lazy or greedy

I think you are very divorced from reality.