Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

YobaiYamete t1_j9uga58 wrote

> LLaMA-65B is competitive with Chinchilla 70B and PaLM 540B

As per always with these claims lately, "I'll believe it when I can talk to it"

There's so many trying to make these big claims but then, the only we can actually talk to is ChatGPT and Bing.

MysteryInc152 t1_j9uhssy wrote

I think peer-reviewed research papers are a bit more than just "claims".

As much as i'd like all the SOTA research models to be usable by the public, research is research and not every research project is done with the interest of making a viable commercial product. Inference with these models are expensive. That's valid too.

Also seems like this will be released under a non commercial license like the OPT models.

9985172177 t1_j9ziz50 wrote

That's not true at all. You.com's chat is very strong, more than comparable to chatgpt, and it is even more open, as in you don't need to provide a phone number to use it. Plus there are other models like Bloom and so on that are far more open, as in you can download them and run them yourself and integrate them into other software.

YobaiYamete t1_j9zwgdi wrote

You.com is okay, but it definitely not on par with ChatGPT lol. It's running on a weaker version of GPT and you can't just talk to it the same way

CharacterAI was smarter than ChatGPT until they nerfed it into the ground, but that's issue. Everywhere that has a decent AI suddenly nerfs it until it's too useless to use

WarAndGeese t1_ja7z1kn wrote

Are you sure that YouChat is running on a version of GPT? (Presumably you mean openai's software.) I was speaking to a founder of a company that had some partnership with You.com and he was saying they roll their own machine learning stuff, that they (You.com) were already machine learning experts.