Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Iunaml t1_j7owoa9 wrote

You think it's normal on the internet to share text by using JPEG? A lossy format for text?

Good on you to spend CPU to convert an image to text, real efficiency here.

−6

diviludicrum t1_j7p6w06 wrote

Oh boo hoo, everything sucks, bla bla. Tell it to your therapist after your bad vibes book club.

Iunaml t1_j7peqnt wrote

Yeah you really radiate good vibes instead.

challengethegods t1_j7oxmgv wrote

Personally I think the jpeg is more useful than text, but I can just as easily convert the text to jpeg so realistically idgaf - it does make it easier to save/share as jpeg, but slightly harder to copy/paste specific lines from it for a search, as example. pro/con I guess, but also as a jpeg the entire list shows from any view, meaning the "look at this big list" aspect is clarified regardless if someone cares to read past the first few lines. However, a jpeg is not as easily indexed by crawlerbots, which might have some unintended effects down the line. On the other hand, a jpeg can have any background color and select its own font which allows its creator to have greater control over the way that it's viewed, but this could be seen as a downside for someone that does not agree with their artistic vision. That being said, a jpeg also has the benefit of...
[I can do this forever lol]

Iunaml t1_j7pexov wrote

Text is more easily searchable, editable and accessible compared to jpeg. Jpeg images are not easily indexed by search engines, which can negatively affect their discoverability. Text can be easily copied, pasted, and edited, while with a jpeg, the text cannot be edited and is limited in terms of accessibility. Additionally, a jpeg may not display correctly on all devices, whereas text can be viewed on any device with a compatible software. These advantages of text make it a preferred format for sharing information over jpeg images.