Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Tom_Lilja OP t1_j9dcmxt wrote

Privacy rights are what no BCI manufacturer wants to talk about today. It is easy to understand why.

>If employers collect brain data over time, could they go back and reanalyze the raw data?
>
>Technologists in the field a decade ago would have told people, “What are you worried about collecting neural data, there is so little we will ever be able to decode from surface-based electrodes rather than ones that are implanted in the brain.” They don’t say that anymore.
>
>They recognize that we can already do so much more than we ever expected. As the algorithms get better and the more data we amass, the more precise the models become.
>
>Given that most of this data is being uploaded to cloud servers and kept there indefinitely, you can have very significant longitudinal data. I hired this person when they were 23 and they are 43 now, how effective is their brain at this point? Have they served their good useful lifetime of service to us?

SpecialMembership t1_j9ddboc wrote

if your boss asks to collect brain data it's time to find a new job.

turnip_burrito t1_j9dpq4d wrote

On the one hand, employer collects more data on workers in the name of ruthless efficiency.

On the other hand, snazzy high tech accessories you can wear to the workplace.

Decisions, decisions. Think about it (I'll watch).

Neat_Street_7683 t1_j9es6r6 wrote

Oh man, goodbye to the last frontier of privacy - your brain.

Hiring departments will simply ask applicants for a brain scan, and put the device on your head like the choosing hat from harry potter. Those who refuse will simply not get the job.

Governments will demand a scan before they help you with anything.

Ashamed-Asparagus-93 t1_j9hgu42 wrote

"You borrow my brain you'll be like dude can't handle it" -- Charlie Sheen