Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Azatarai t1_j8fxfvb wrote

I personally have way better conversations with it, gpt feels like a dumb robot compared to LaMDA.

itsnotlupus t1_j8fxr3c wrote

Oh I didn't realize it had been opened to the public.

Why have I not seen more screenshots of LaMDA transcripts?

*edit: Just installed AI test kitchen and got on the waitlist. I guess it's public-ish.

Azatarai t1_j8fy575 wrote

Because the media are only talking about chatgpt? https://beta.character.ai/

itsnotlupus t1_j8k977o wrote

I just got access to the kitchen, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. No free conversation prompts, 3 very limited scenarios with a limited number of consecutive back and forth before getting thrown out and having to start from zero.
I had a conversation with a tennis ball obsessed with dog where almost every answer was something like "I don't know anything about that, but man, dogs are so cool, right?"
I did get it to admit cats were fun to play with too, albeit not as fun as dogs, shortly before being told the conversation was over.

I don't know if you've got access to more open-ended flavors of LaMDA, but for me this was hard to compare favorably to ChatGPT, warts and all.

Azatarai t1_j8kg4cm wrote

3 limited scenarios? There are heaps, you can also make your own personality that attempts to mimic the person you want it to mimic, you can scroll though the personality list.

itsnotlupus t1_j8kgc3w wrote

Are you talking about Character.ai, or about the LaMDA family of models made available through the AI Test Kitchen app?

Azatarai t1_j8kgf6l wrote

Character.ai

itsnotlupus t1_j8kghwq wrote

What models is character.ai using? Is it related to LaMDA at all?

Azatarai t1_j8kgyl2 wrote

I believe it is related the difference is deep learning.

"Character.AI is a new product powered by our own deep learning models, including large language models, built and trained from the ground up with conversation in mind. We think there will be magic in creating and improving all parts of an end-to-end product solution."