Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Embarrassed-Bison767 t1_je00683 wrote

Where were you these last 3 weeks? I'm getting recommendations on AI YouTube that are super interesting but there' no point in watching them because they're a week old and already super out of date. I've literally seen people on this sub saying they need a summary of the past three days because they were out of the loop at that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikcU-9VYDTE

adarkuccio t1_je04ioy wrote

This is so true, I'm having hard time keeping up with it

Mountainmanmatthew85 t1_je0k63r wrote

I find this fascinating as I find myself nodding in agreement and a epiphany of realization strikes me. It was said that after the singularity occurs ground breaking Nobel prize winning discoveries will happen roughly every five minutes. What if we are just now seeing evidence to support this idea is right now presenting itself to us in the form of such rapid advancements of our own drive and determination to see this technology rise? Simply mind-blowing.

shmoculus t1_je248wf wrote

I think were now reaping the benefits of an increasingly networked society, news and advancements travel quickly and are iterated on by the smartest people, it's a collective intelligence that's only becoming more and more integrated.

Prymu t1_je0arxz wrote

Yeah, I was watching 2 minute papers' last video about gpt-4 and one he said THE line I thought (and even commented) that the "2 more papers down the line" has already passed. The video was (I think) mostly from the technical report, so with the "sparks of agi" and reflection or even alpaca, we have already passed 2 massive papers.

WildNTX t1_je6rb0d wrote

u/Arowx , I’m a day late to this party, but I attended a talk at work this morning where the researcher lamented ChatGPT’s terrible math skills. (ChatGPT 4 was reported integrated with with Wolfram Alpha days ago.) Presentations are now outdated before they can be presented.