Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

L3thargicLarry t1_jdnd95n wrote

yeah idk what y’all are on thinking about this is a cost saving measure. models are payed awfully unless they’re a influencer or celebrity

Paid-Not-Payed-Bot t1_jdnda4r wrote

> models are paid awfully unless

FTFY.

Although payed exists (the reason why autocorrection didn't help you), it is only correct in:

• Nautical context, when it means to paint a surface, or to cover with something like tar or resin in order to make it waterproof or corrosion-resistant. The deck is yet to be payed.

• Payed out when letting strings, cables or ropes out, by slacking them. The rope is payed out! You can pull now.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find nautical or rope-related words in your comment.

Beep, boop, I'm a bot

niconiconicnic0 t1_jdnpi4l wrote

Exactly, hence being easily replaced as low-hanging fruit for AI, early on. Its all the jobs 'on the margins' (aka marginalized people) that go first. Modeling work is def gig work, and those workers have no voice or ability to push against any wholesale replacement.

94746382926 t1_jdo8q76 wrote

I mean even if they were only making minimum wage it's still a cost saving measure. The cost of generating one of these images is pennies.

L3thargicLarry t1_jdonzov wrote

models are not on salary. they are contractors payed for 2-4 hrs of work, usually on the lowest payment possible

94746382926 t1_jdoroy1 wrote

Regardless of their pay schedule I can almost guarantee an AI generated model is many times cheaper

Paid-Not-Payed-Bot t1_jdoo0mx wrote

> are contractors paid for 2-4

FTFY.

Although payed exists (the reason why autocorrection didn't help you), it is only correct in:

• Nautical context, when it means to paint a surface, or to cover with something like tar or resin in order to make it waterproof or corrosion-resistant. The deck is yet to be payed.

• Payed out when letting strings, cables or ropes out, by slacking them. The rope is payed out! You can pull now.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find nautical or rope-related words in your comment.

Beep, boop, I'm a bot

−1