Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Emory_C t1_jebxtg4 wrote

Thanks for providing a link. I'm not sure how much I trust a "resumebuilder.com" survey but there it is. I guess we'll have to see if there is an increase in unemployment in the short-term.

SkyeandJett t1_jeby4st wrote

Right now there's a shortage of manual labor. In the short term you'll see a massive amount of underemployment before things fall off a cliff. We need general purpose androids as soon as possible to get us through to the other side of this.

Emory_C t1_jec6j3h wrote

>Right now there's a shortage of manual labor.

Skilled labor, not manual. There's not a huge need for ditch diggers. There's a huge need for plumbers.

SkyeandJett t1_jec9shv wrote

That's a fair point. I'm just glad I used to do HVAC because my FPGA job ain't going to last all that much longer I don't think.

Iffykindofguy t1_jecqhgw wrote

Bitch please, all blue-collar work is skilled to a degree. Fuck out of here with this elitest nonsense.

Emory_C t1_jed13js wrote

Insults aside, I didn't say otherwise. I said there wasn't a shortage of ditch diggers.

CypherLH t1_jedl7gb wrote

actually there is. low-end blue collar jobs are hard to fill at wages companies want to pay...which is why they tend to hire immigrants. (both legal and illegal)