Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FrogFister t1_jedfkxl wrote

Is it safe for tourists to visit China?

ConstantQuestion101 t1_jee85s1 wrote

it was mind blowing visiting a few cities in China. My first time in big cities where i didn't see a single homeless and didn't have to deal with that guilt.

was also cheap and extremely well received by everyone.

after my first time, I've been there three more and honestly loving asia more and more.

a lot you hear about china in western media is laughed about by them because it's straight up nonsense antichinese propaganda.

just go man, I bet you will absolutely love it.

im going at least once this year again to visit a different city, hopefully will be able to make two trips but that's another story.

Bierculles t1_jeekjco wrote

Your houses have even worse build quality than the US

−2

ConstantQuestion101 t1_jeevpa2 wrote

I live in Canada brother, and I'm not asian, i don't understand what you mean

Fantastic-Ad4559 t1_jedg972 wrote

You won't experience anything danger in China.

FrogFister t1_jedi46k wrote

Now that I think of it, if everything is under camera and surveillance on streets, I should feel safe in a way. Though I was more suggesting being randomly detained by officials under suspicion of being an international spy agent.

I am interested to see the Old China. so mostly nature but also see some cities sure. but would love to see more of the rural areas and places that seem to still have a bond with the old times.

−1

ConstantQuestion101 t1_jee8hhd wrote

dude Lol i think I'm replying to you again because i had the same stupid fear.

that doesn't happen, period.

police there are actually friendly as fuck and i even got to smoke a few cigarettes with a couple of them while sheltering from a storm in a fruit shop lol

if you can speak a little chinese or make friends with locals (my case) you will be able to solve a lot of your misconceptions about the country.

Stinky_the_Grump23 t1_jedkjw2 wrote

It's safer than the West

alphabet_order_bot t1_jedkkgc wrote

Would you look at that, all of the words in your comment are in alphabetical order.

I have checked 1,428,916,217 comments, and only 272,584 of them were in alphabetical order.

Lazy-Length-7174 t1_jeeeiaj wrote

Good Bot

B0tRank t1_jeeej8h wrote

Thank you, Lazy-Length-7174, for voting on alphabet_order_bot.

This bot wants to find the best and worst bots on Reddit. You can view results here.

^(Even if I don't reply to your comment, I'm still listening for votes. Check the webpage to see if your vote registered!)

Redzombieolme t1_jee0vp6 wrote

Is it? I heard that despite the surveilance a lot of the people who would act on the crimes such as police are highly corrupt which is why child kidnapping in china is so common.

−2