Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CancerPiss t1_is0fxjk wrote

Your concept of free will is an illusion, and you are programmed to love

pdvdw t1_is0th2v wrote

If we are programmed to love- Why is this world full of hate? Why is love for our neighbor not our default? Only some people love their neighbor, because they try hard to. People are mean, but some choose to love them anyway. That is abnormal and hard. It’s not in our nature.

CancerPiss t1_is0v7d2 wrote

We aren't all the same, and we aren't perfect

pdvdw t1_is0vt39 wrote

What do you measure perfection by? In a world where each of us are programmed differently, there can no such thing. You’re doing just as you were programmed, right?

But we know we have a consciousness that knows a morality of right and wrong. And you can choose right or wrong today just as you choose to love your wife, or to not.

CancerPiss t1_is0wqfo wrote

I can't choose what I like nor what I love, I cannot force myself to like something I don't, it's not up to the conscious part of my mind to decide

pdvdw t1_is0xfgu wrote

You absolutely can. I may not love feeding the homeless nor being around them. But I know it’s loving to do. So I go and do it without feeling love for the act or them. In the process of learning more about their stories, I develop love feelings for them and the act.

If you only love those that are easy to love, what profit is there to your life? Love is a choice.

If you’re married you’ll find yourself needing to love your wife even when you don’t feel like it, or that marriage is dead in the water. True love is not 1's and 0's.