Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

visarga t1_iw4kyc3 wrote

> There are billions of images on the web and you could spend your whole life browsing through what has been uploaded to this point, without even considering what will be uploaded in the coming years

That's a very good argument why this whole reaction against AI art is overblown. What's a few billion extra AI images on top of the billions already out there? Not like we were lacking choice before.

But AI to the rescue - have you seen how nice it is to browse lexica.art by selecting "Explore this style" on an image? It's like an AI Pinterest. AI can help you find the art you like among the billions of images out there.

Quealdlor t1_iw9crmx wrote

I looked at lexica.art (today and some weeks ago), but I don't see a reason to browse it instead of human artists works. There are enough human artworks to look at and AI outputs are currently low-quality. I prefer human art at the moment, I won't be spending time looking at AI art. What I'm waiting for is much better recommendation, labeling, filtering and search for human art. For example, current DA search and home page are rubbish. Twitter allows blocking an unlimited number of users, but makes it less convenient to browse trough hundreds of images. No website is perfect unfortunately.

visarga t1_iwanxre wrote

There is a tool to search images used to train Stable Diffusion. It has semantic search, so you can type in a "prompt" and it will find you the closest matches between real images, including art. You can also search by image.

rom1504.github.io/clip-retrieval