Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

clusterstage t1_iybukq2 wrote

yeah i didnt think so too.

dunno why i said that.. just sort of blurted out like a normal person

nextedge t1_iybviur wrote

well, I don't think you were completely wrong. If everyone followed the present standards of beauty, then nobody stands out.

(not making a statement, but just go with it).. blue eyes are considered more beautiful than brown eyes generally... but if everyone ONLY had blue eyes, then they would not be different, and if someone had brown eyes, they would stand out and be considered beautiful for their exotic looks.

If every girl looked like a Victoria's Secret model, would it mattered you you were attracted to? they would all look the same. Nobody would look "special".

As for the playboy models, they are only beautiful "compared" to those that are not at the mansion that were not beautiful. If everyone looked like a playboy model? how fast would that get boring.

giveuporfindaway OP t1_iybwhsd wrote

I think it's important to distinguish between novel beauty and just novelty. The best foods of every country have stood the test of time to generally be considered things that most people don't consider "disgusting". In other words people don't mind trying new foods when they get bored of old foods. But nobody likes eating rotten food. A thin African model and a thin Swedish model will have more in common than not compared to either an ugly African or an ugly Swedish.

nextedge t1_iyc14js wrote

true, but just for a simile, I worked in a 5 star restaurant when I was younger, (loooong ago) and we got to eat whatever was served there for our dinner. so awesome steaks, game hens, whatever. I can't tell you how much better a cheap hamburger tasted sometimes. When all there is is one food, you can get tired of it. So if everyone is the same, then the beauty standards no longer apply.

clusterstage t1_iybyf0k wrote

well, I'm not rotten that's for sure.
so unpretty isn't like rotten foods. more like uncommon foods.