Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Calm_Bonus_6464 t1_j1sd5e5 wrote

Once singularity is achieved its not going to matter what your political beliefs are, AI would be calling the shots whether you like it or not.

4e_65_6f OP t1_j1sdust wrote

I believe that it may come a point where AI always suggests the best decisions accurately. But if you follow those or not may still be up to you.

It's very possible that you'll still be allowed to do whatever the hell you want post singularity and use AI to aid you on that. I haven't come across an argument as to why not yet.

Calm_Bonus_6464 t1_j1sexmt wrote

Once we achieve AGI I believe those will be just recommendations, but once we achieve ASI and Singularity and have beings infinitely more intelligent than us, I can't imagine human governance continuing. If AI wanted to govern, there would be no way of stopping it. And even if somehow AI was benevolent enough to delegate this power to humans, why would we even want to continue governing ourselves when we have what's equivalent to God to make those decisions for us? We probably wouldn't even have the necessary intelligence to govern in a post-singularity world.

4e_65_6f OP t1_j1sfd46 wrote

I agree that AI may suggest the best course of action as to how to achieve the goals that you want. But when it comes to what you want to achieve, you'll still be the best person to figure that out.

Calm_Bonus_6464 t1_j1sfta7 wrote

You're assuming AI would be benevolent enough to delegate power to humans, I see no reason to believe that in a post singularity world. What's stopping AI from deciding what's best for humanity if its infinitely more intelligent than us?

What you're describing is how governance will be post AGI. By that point it will be just recommendations. But ASI and Singularity change everything.

4e_65_6f OP t1_j1sgmei wrote

> What's stopping AI from deciding what's best for humanity if its infinitely more intelligent than us?

Well so far the only "goal" it has been programmed to follow is human instructions. It does that even when it's uncalled for (car hotwiring suggestions for instance). I can totally see that being a reality in your system where you're allowed to be very stupid in a very smart way using AI.