Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Scarlet_pot2 t1_j1sop4p wrote

To be brutally honest, when I daydream of the singularity its always me using the AIs to climb the social latter and have power over people. To be able to do what I want without repercussions. I guess the logic is the rich, powerful, early adopters, and people in the tech world will be the only ones with access to advanced AI, and the majority will be struggling due to automation. Captialism where the average person can't sell their labor is not good. A society with only the haves and have-nots.

Or when I picture it in a better scenario where everyone has access to AI, I picture myself spending a lot of time in FDVR. Not too much, like 2-5 hours a day. Then using nano tech in real life to change my body so I can be what I want. I'd keep my original body mostly the same just make it better, prettier, stronger, more durable. I'd have a second body of the opposite gender I could use when I want, not like transferring my consciousness but more like a neural implant where all of my senses go thru it and have full control of it so it's like a second body. Maybe give myself superpowers too because why not? Have you seen the movie transcendence, how the ASI guy used the nano particles in the air to do a bunch of crazy stuff? Like that. except being able to control the nano particles like gaara too. Other changes I'd make, titanium bones, subdermal armor, increased healing, no aging, increased strength, make eating optional. some aesthetic changes to body. Of course have meaningful relationships and an adventurous meaningful life would be a goal too.

I basically made a list of how I'd want the singularity to go, one for the bad case and one for the good case