Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bachuna t1_j27s0md wrote

Live off of my savings and hope to god for a government response. If there isn't one, well, I guess I starve.

This is probably what most people would end up doing. People up in here talking about living in a monastery and starting a comune, 1) you aren't going to be the only one with that idea 2) there already people living living there, coursing conflict 3) let's be real for a moment, most people don't know and some physicaly can't farm, or set up some kind of a hippie sustainable farm in butfuck nowhere. Good luck just showing up some plot of land that someone probably already loves/farms on, with a bunch of other refugees, trying to start a farm with little to no previous experience. You are legitimately better off staying in the city and relying on yourself, and or your friends and family if you have them to get by for a few months, untill the gov gets its shit together and does something. The city will also be where most of the relief efforts start and where it's going to be the strongest. So yea, just tough it out IG.