Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Milkstrietmen t1_j0utt0j wrote

Oh dear, no reason to take my comment personally. My comment is rather a general view on how things currently are in this sub and not specifically directed at you.

Since you mentioned to have executive dysfunction and eventually ADHD, I don't want to just abandon this conversation. As a member of /r/BecomingTheIceman from heart, maybe I can at least suggest you to go for a cold shower. It helps me tremendously when I'm in a bad place. 15 seconds each day for a week is more than enough - maybe this helps you calming your brain, like it helps me when my thoughts are racing in a similar way.

With best regards

Ace_Snowlight OP t1_j0uvvdu wrote

I'm a strong proponent of David-Sinclair's and Wim-Hof's teachings!

Here's the thing tho... I haven't have had shower in months... I didn't want to say it but it's true (depression is not the reason). Executive Dysfunction is seriously impairing for me... like it's not even funny the worst part is that it's invisible on the outside upto the point that even my breakdowns are seen as stubbornness when I'm literally suffering but in their eyes I'm just a lazy a** kid who's pathetic and doesn't know what it means to put in effort. Mind you Executive Functioning literally effects your effort ability as well! Not to mention If I have a breakdown I tried, why would a lazy person who's not putting in any effort have a breakdown whilst claiming that he was trying the whole time and after so much effort it's all fruitless! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ALvt49eVXM&t=77s

​

Additionally these situations happen:

A: "I'm really tired... not sleepy or fatigued... just done like I've actually worked so much" (I have literally shown genuine symptoms of actual burnout when really pushed. YES! I'm not kidding with getting sick constantly and everything!)

B: "but you haven't even done anything, how so?"

A: "I don't know but I cannot do anything right now..."

B: *+disappointment and distrust in A*

​

Crying is a genuine emotion, it shows your brain is literally stressed and is releasing tears in an attempt to stabilize.

Like some people will be think I am always stuck thinking about doing things, trying to do it in my head but not doing it in real life, and then crying when I'm failing and limiting/fooling my ownself by these beliefs of it being just not possible no matter how hard I try. (I hate saying such extreme words... but after years of self-doubt and ending up scaring myself even more by trying to assume I'm okay and It's just me who's the problem, I am left with no choice but to use these words because nothing else will be as direct).

​

That simple task is like climbing Himalayan Mountains without any gear. Even more so if it's cold water, ironically I've bathed with cold water for like at least 5 years of my childhood, like everyday, as if it was normal.

And omg that was so surprising, you replied in such a kind way! 💙

Don't worry, I didn't take your word to heart I just... started and went on and before I knew it... well you know... (hyperfocus???).