Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sandbar101 t1_j1oxil6 wrote

Music.

Writing, while already incredibly good, has been bot work for a long time now. Writers also usually don’t have an incredibly recognizable ‘style’ so its harder to justify irrational anger.

Video will still take a while. Its getting there, and BOY when it gets there its really gonna get there and shake up a lot, but consistent streamlined stylized and temporally coherent animation is still going to take at least two years imo

Music on the other hand is right around the corner, and VERY stylistically recognizable. Not to mention studio labels have an army of lawyers salivating over it. Will be fun.

FilthyCommieAccount t1_j1p1ppp wrote

I'm not sure how generative AI is going to effect music. It's not that I don't think generative AI can't do as good of a job with music as it can with images, I think it can. The issue is that music has more of a performance component to it than image making does. Basically I think that there is a much higher parasocial aspect with musicians compared to visual artists. Maybe the music and lyrics start getting generated by AI but it's still a person singing it to give it a face for people to identify with.

Hell... Maybe music and songwriting is already somewhat/largely automated and we just don't know about it. Celebs could definitely afford to build music models of their own and keep it under a stack of NDAs.

sideways t1_j1pc0lb wrote

You're right about the parasocial aspect of music... but there's no reason the current generation of LLMs couldn't manage that as well.

If Hatsune Miku can do it already... https://ec.crypton.co.jp/pages/prod/virtualsinger/cv01_us

FilthyCommieAccount t1_j1qjcuj wrote

Oh I get it with Hatsune Miku I have a friend who is obsessed with her lol. However I think most people want to have a parasocial relationship with an actual person. I know that if I had the choice of watching a human streamer instead of a generated streamer I'd watch the human one even if the content was objectively worse. For art assets, tv shows etc (unless it's a documentary) I don't care. I would just want the best content.