Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AdditionalPizza t1_j189eld wrote

There was a deleted tweet from a venture capitalist that was posted by someone (reddit post was removed by mods here). Some of the more advanced information seemed to be factually incorrect, but it also claimed Google's Sundar Pichai called "code red" over chatGPt and most likely the future with GPT4. The New York Times (archive link for paywall), among others, published an article like the next day about the code red.

What it appears to mean is Google is in a somewhat critical situation of do-or-die when it comes to search. Monetizing an AI will be difficult, and search ads are the core of their revenue. They are all hands on deck now, channeling brain power to this situation.

Now back to that tweet, within the same point it also said Microsoft will incorporate gpt into Bing by next year. If that's true, then yes not only is SEO going to non-exist or be vastly different, but it is also happening extremely soon. However keep in mind, while that tweet had the code red call correct, it also claimed GPT4 will be AGI and Turing complete. So it could have just been someone that heard about the code red a day earlier than it was announced, and then fabricated the tweet to extend legitimacy to the rest of the points in it.

I'm my opinion, judging by the fact the VC mentioned earlier did in fact tweet this and delete it, I'm inclined to partially believe some of the more general information in it. But it sounds like a CEO hyping their own chat bot (Sam Altman) but I think Microsoft will probably incorporate GPT4 into Bing somehow, and Google will be forced to do the same to stay relevant.

raubhill t1_j1cfjib wrote

assess the search results in an chatbot generated article rather than a list of links.