Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Iffykindofguy t1_j5u9ogn wrote

We should alway as have been searching for assumptions and asking questions of all data presented to us. You are not qualified to be an expert in 99% of fields just because you have access to raw data.

sharkinwolvesclothin t1_j5upsu2 wrote

I need to fix the breaks on my bike. What assumptions I'm searching for?

> The greatest cognitive skill in a post-ChatGPT world is going to be: Asking the right questions. And then, Knowing where to ask them.

Yeah it smart to know you chatgpt and this crop of generative models are not good for searching information - they might make shit up about the breaks that will kill me in traffic. I wouldn't knowing to Google the greatest cognitive skill though.

alexiuss t1_j5zqvkt wrote

Chatgpt is a lucid dream. It offers correct-ish answers that may or may not work. It's up to people to build new systems with these answers and to test them.

My intelligence does not magically vanish because I'm working with Ais - ais magnify the skills and intelligence of a single person.

kinetsu_hayabusa t1_j5wxhmc wrote

I think humans will enter in a dark age of knowledge. Technology will advance exponentially and scientists will not be able to follow AI on it. Imagine how dumb people will be in 20, 30 years.. they will make flat earth people look intelligent. Art created by humans will be so ugly as medieval era and there will be just a fraction of engineers, scientists we have today.

alexiuss t1_j5zps39 wrote

Nonsense.

Most people are extremely passionate about learning and doing and are burdened with lack of quality education and lack of resources, time and correct information.

We will enter into an age of absolute enlightenment as ais will teach us to do anything we wish to learn by living in our phones.

Want to learn how to ____? An AI will tech you!

kinetsu_hayabusa t1_j5zrjo8 wrote

Maybe. Mostly of greek philosophers were rich slave owners with a lot free time. Humans will have time to study philosophy and improvements on technology made by AI.

alexiuss t1_j5zsckm wrote

You can do whatever you are passionate about. There won't be any limits because you'll have a free teacher that tells you how to accomplish something.

Before Ais we would need school and university to lean how to do something specific.

Machines will gain superintelligence before they will gain hands. Software is way ahead of hardware.

Puzzleheaded_Pop_743 t1_j5ymk19 wrote

This is a fear of mine. If all the smart jobs get replaced and all that is left is repetitive factory jobs then we end up in a dystopic non-automated future that is like idiocracy where no one is incentivized to educate themselves. But I have hope this will not happen and if we ever reached that point then it would only lost for a short period of time until the automation/robotics technology catches up. (Like 1 decade).