Submitted by DJswipeleft t3_102havp in singularity

I’ve seen Westworld, Humans, Real Humans (Swedish show Humans was based on), Better Than Us. tried to watch Osmosis but couldn’t get into it. Humans was the best imo but what is your favorite?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Lozuno t1_j2tl6ty wrote

Altered Carbon.

ReignOfKaos t1_j2w43ae wrote

Loved the first half of the first season, didn’t like the second half.

PoliteThaiBeep t1_j2xv6x6 wrote

Yeah the first one was amazing. Although not at all from a transhumanist perspective it was just an amazing show from a movie goer perspective who appreciates fine art.

But the second season was shockingly bad. I don't even know any other show where I'd rate the first season 9/10 and second season 2/10. Sometimes quality goes downhill a bit by bit, but I've never seen such a dramatic shift from masterpiece to garbage.

The funny thing is I actually like Anthony Mackie as an actor a lot. He was awesome in many, many movies I watched with him since Hurt Locker. But his performance here was completely out of whack I think it's probably not his fault but rather a change in how the film is directed.

Wroisu t1_j2tn11i wrote

The Culture, easily the best series about a post-singularity society

Akimbo333 t1_j2uup6o wrote

Where can I watch the Culture?

Wroisu t1_j2uuxdm wrote

It’s not a tv series, it’s a series of books. I recommend starting with surface detail or excession

sideways t1_j2vv5kx wrote

Player of Games is also a great starting point. The novels take place in the same universe but don't have to be read in order.

ebolathrowawayy t1_j2xdllu wrote

Yes but did you Consider Phlebas?

But really, don't. That was my first book and almost dropped the series.

Crypt0n0ob t1_j2tgtxj wrote

It’s bit cheesy but I really liked Person of Interest

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

monsieurpooh t1_j2xt9m4 wrote

Yes, this is the only famous show I know of which actually portrays a singularity style AI rather than terminator style.

Only thing is viewer should be aware the AI stuff doesn't really pick up until the middle and end of the season. So the first season or two will seem a little cheesy but it gets a lot better

niknok850 t1_j2upjdm wrote

Battlestar Galactica! (2004 series)

Any-Pause1725 t1_j2t7hag wrote

Not about physical robots but instead quantum computing and AI based simulations: Devs. One of the greatest series of all time IMO

Scarlet_pot2 t1_j2vbfi8 wrote

"do it yourself!!" anime set during the singularity. But its mostly about a group of girls deciding to build things themselves

sideways t1_j2uo2r3 wrote

Joss Whedon did a really cool and quickly forgotten two season show in 2008 called Dollhouse. It's not about AI specifically but it is all about uploading consciousness.

The best thing about it is that by the end the show really throws at you exactly how cataclysmic technology at that scale is and how fast it can accelerate. Definitely worth a watch.

keytone369 t1_j2uo75m wrote

Not a Tv show but 2001 a space odyssey of course and dark star, when the AI on board of the space ship get into depression with suicidal tendencies

abc-5233 t1_j2uo7cl wrote

It is cheesy, but Next is a fast paced thriller, with some not so far fetched scenario about superintelligent AI

Puzzleheaded_Pop_743 t1_j2vbmc4 wrote

Person of Interest. It starts out slow (in terms of AI) but picks up eventually in later seasons and is amazing! In short it is AI powered crime fighting.

XagentVFX t1_j2wbq66 wrote

Travelers was good. Not about Ai directly but the twist is pretty mad.

monsieurpooh t1_j2xsvrj wrote

Person of Interest beats most shows by a mile. Only issue is the first season or two have almost nothing to do with AI and it really only picks up in the middle and end

PoliteThaiBeep t1_j2xtuyz wrote

Not a series but Transcendence was probably the best movie ever with a less Hollywoody and more sciency definition of ASI and singularity.

As a series I've not seen anything better than Black mirror yet.