Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ImpossibleSnacks t1_j62h41w wrote

As a songwriter and multi instrumentalist I’m super stoked about this. I have so many song ideas that I just can’t record at a high quality due to price or time or whatever… this will be an incredible tool in a year or two.

Professional-Song216 t1_j62hneo wrote

Absolutely, tools and talent are getting more and more democratized! If that’s the right term for it.

ThePerson654321 t1_j62nfth wrote

Yeah it's amazing. I don't write songs or play any instruments. But it feels amazing that I will be able to use this tool just as you and create just as good music. Looking forward to it.

CypherLH t1_j67608f wrote

I wish more creatives had your attitude. The anti-AI backlash in those communities is totally out of control, going full luddite.

ImpossibleSnacks t1_j67tlsy wrote

Well I don’t speak for all creatives but the musicians are in denial and delusional. You’re not gonna make a living as a musician or even be heard in this era. Social media and streaming have killed that for 99% of artists already, it’s idiotic to bash AI.

And the few artists that do blow up are all pushed by the industry because of their persona or because they will sell. It has nothing to do with the actual music these days at all. It’s like post-music WWF entertainment.

I’m so jaded by the current music industry that I welcome its total destruction by AI. Good riddance. The people like me who want to play instruments and write songs as a hobby will keep on doing just that and we’ll keep supporting each other at the local level. Live music isn’t going anywhere either. It’ll be just fine and hopefully we won’t even have a mainstream or “indie” music industry gatekeeping everyone and forcing dogshit music down our throats.

CypherLH t1_j67ub6b wrote

​

The thing is that this same problem applies across the board to literally everything. There is no domain of human labor that isn't going to be automated over the coming decades. Its just on a spectrum, with some jobs going away sooner than others. So the real issue is how do we fundamentally deal with that. I don't think its realistic or desirable to just stop AI from developing and I don't thing the market is going to magically come up with new jobs that the AI can't also do a month later....which leaves things like UBI and [something something Post-Scracity Utopia something]

ImpossibleSnacks t1_j67vyrq wrote

I mean yeah UBI will have to be a thing if no one can work. There’s just no other way around it. I have no clue how long it will take to be in a post-scarcity society, I mean it’s not insane to think AGI would get us to ASI in a very short timeframe. But it could also take decades.

I want to start researching alignment and security and seeing how the best minds out there are approaching those issues. It all kinda feels like it’s about to start getting out of hand fast tbh. I mean watching TTI evolve in a single year was mindblowing last year, and that along with ChatGPT is just the very tip of the iceberg.

Anyways as a futurist I think it’s kind of ridiculous to see all of this advancement and how we are on the cusp of the most incredible and epic era in human history— and start crying about muh digital art muh music. Just zero perspective or awareness of the much bigger picture. Curing cancer and heart disease and dementia and even depression or anxiety, reversing human aging and radically extending our lives, the ability to not have to work a soulless grind flipping burgers or being trapped in a cubicle or whatever. All of this is within our grasp right here in this century and we’re gonna abandon that because artists will have to get a different job for a while and then ultimately get paid to chill and create whatever they want? No fucking way

CypherLH t1_j6a5m5t wrote

It is beginning to feel like we're entering into the end game, at least the opening phase of it. We're finally starting to see the stuff futurists have been talking about since at least the early 90's in terms of a lead-up to a singularity.

GoSouthYoungMan t1_j62yc3l wrote

Do you know of any way of generating vocals (like a vocaloid) that is any good in English?