Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PhysicalChange100 t1_j4goxfo wrote

>Even though this is no longer who I am, my post reads this way because I used to be a very deep nihilist, and I can still draw from that place even though I no longer truly occupy it.

Okay and? Does it help anyone?

It doesn't.

>What if I told you that there is already profound, extraordinary beauty all around you? Heh.

True but it's not enough really, it's a hedonic thread Mill thing, if you lived in nature most of your life, you get desensitized by it's beauty.

Plus there's no way to replicate rdr2 in real life unless you want prison time. A good balance of Artistic experience and real life appreciation is needed.

>I feel more like I am making a tough pronouncement to those who pursue this technology religiously and expect to find something religious in something nonreligious.

And why does it matter? There's actual religions out there that are harming people. But here you are, shooting other people's hopes down for a better future.

It's an excuse to be an asshole and you know it.

[deleted] OP t1_j4gz0on wrote

> It's an excuse to be an asshole and you know it.

This has more to do with you than me.

It feels weird being the bubble burster as the believer... lmao. Just a weird reversal of roles, just noticing the observation, when does that ever happen? Lol.

PhysicalChange100 t1_j4h56mh wrote

Oh so that's what you call yourself, a "bubble burster".

Edge lord moment.

[deleted] OP t1_j4hkrj7 wrote

Hey, you said I was the one bursting the bubble!

It was just weird to be on the other side of that since a lot of people tend to claim that they're the bubble burster with me.