Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MariualizeLegalhuana t1_j5riea1 wrote

Nursing but not because machines couldnt do it. People would not want to interact with machines all the time. Same goes for psychotherapists. The profession will probably be AI enhanced but people need to talk with a human.

Desperate_Food7354 t1_j5rpgpn wrote

even that would be replaced if ASI does instantaneous healing

Saratustrah t1_j5tcujg wrote

>instantaneous healing

that would be nice, but ASI is not guaranteed to know magic. And yes "sufficiently advanced technology (...) magic", but a machine would still operate under the conditions of physics and the world as is. It cannot find impossible solutions.

DeadliestPoof t1_j5se0d6 wrote

I agree with nursing but for different reasons. That making machines that replace the complex movements and diverse amount of tasks that a nurse completes would be very costly rather than keeping human labor.

Truth be told, my hypothesis is most would rather have an AI interface intertwined with customer service protocols, than a most likely overworked healthcare worker that becomes burnt out by the endless sub par treatment from fellow humans. AI wouldn’t have to worry about burn out, fatigue, and emotion

I expect most healthcare to become glorified nurses with AI handling a majority of all diagnosis and instruction to staff. Surgeons & ER Doctors will be relatively safe but expect shrinkage even in those positions because of the optimization of senior positions