Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

internetboyfriend666 t1_j9e1tu7 wrote

What you're saying doesn't make much sense but it sounds like you're very trying to describe the Novikov self-consistency principle. To be clear, this is a conjecture with no scientific basis. Time travel to the past is theoretically not impossible in certain spacetime geometries but that doesn't mean it actually is possible, and even if it is, we certainly don't know how to do it, so we have no way of saying how something that might not even be possible might potentially work if it were possible.

AbzoluteZ3RO t1_j9e7hhl wrote

it seems like lately every post i see from this sub is just some person asking a question based on total misunderstanding of some fundamental thing. same reason i unsubbed from eli5. and pretty much why i'm gonna unsub from this one right now. so long!

−1

meegja t1_j9e8693 wrote

You do realize that asking questions is the only way to correct those total misunderstandings? ;)

AbzoluteZ3RO t1_j9fvrad wrote

Yes but if you don't have the most basic understanding of science, you could just start by reading up on it and getting a more general education. Then you might have more well thought out questions instead of the stuff i see here all time.