Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wappleby t1_japkw4r wrote

>Wrong it used very expensive natural uranium. About 5 tons with an additional 40+ tons of uranium oxide and several truckloads of graphite. I honestly can't remember those exact details but the reactor was created prior to the bomb because it was inevitable and to test the theory that a reaction wouldn't run away indefinitely. The reactor created by the Manhattan project ran for about a year before being moved and rebuilt and then ran for another decade.

Can you not read at all? The reactor used in the Manhattan Project PRODUCED plutonium. It USED uranium. And it kept running because it was used to keep producing plutonium until '45 and then was used until '63 to produce radioactive isotopes for research. That's 20 years not 10 years.

>Here's a nobody that applied for a patent in 1936, you clearly don't know him LEO SZILARD

Incredible you didn't even read the comment because I literally mentioned Einstein and Szilard's joint letter.

CptHammer_ t1_japyqgr wrote

Ok then, have fun war mongering. You seem happy to war monger and wish to continue to war monger. I'd wish normal people peace but you're all too happy to fund new ways to kill each other by repeating and repeating the mistakes (sorry that's my opinion, you're probably seeing them as successes) of the past.

But, you know you can't get normal people on board with it unless you lie about the past and of course lie about the future.

Good afternoon.

wappleby t1_japzd6h wrote

Making up strawmen after being proven wrong over and over again. Absolutely incredible. And I never once mentioned anything about war or wanting war in any of my original comments.

And that's rich coming from someone who can't even get basic facts in their comments right.

CptHammer_ t1_jaq043u wrote

You didn't prove anything. So there's that. You just want to lie and you offered no proof for your position that the governments of the world don't automatically seek to weaponize any new technology.

There's actually plenty of evidence on your side at least in the short term, but you chose to shit on my rock solid proof that nuclear energy production also wasn't proposed to the public as a weapon first. You chose to ignore actual fact, produce no evidence all the while I took every one of your examples and proved you don't know what you're talking about, or specifically lying.

I don't know which one it is, nor does it matter because either way you clearly enjoy funding war.

I'm done with you.

Good afternoon.