Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

trollsmurf t1_iu7xdlv wrote

What do you mean by any of that? What's impossible?

OnlyGoodVibesYo t1_iu85mtj wrote

They’re saying it’s impossible to view objects at astronomical distances from different angles. If I were to move five feet to the left of a normally sized picture that is five feet away from me, I would have a vastly different view of the picture. If that same picture was the size of a skyscraper and, say, a mile away, my five foot shift to the left would functionally offer no different view of the picture.

Now multiply the distance and size of the skyscraper sized picture by billions and you’ll see that even looking at a nebula many thousands of light years away from vantage points thousands of miles apart would offer no difference in the angle at which we view the nebula.

But OP is mistaking angle for rotation. I can tilt my head in any of those instances and get the same effect for any object at any distance.

MalcolmY OP t1_iu88yk7 wrote

Yes exactly but I wasn't asking about rotation, I just couldn't find a better word than angle for the thing you explained in your first paragraph. However, it appears the image was merely rotated.

trollsmurf t1_iu8o0ra wrote

Yes, the images are all from the same viewpoint, yet rotated.