Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NoxicRox t1_iuayu2m wrote

So Amazon just plans on what? Launching their satellites a little higher than StarLinks satellites?

Sounds wild man. Pretty soon earth will look like a hive mind of drones from space lol.

I’ve been waiting for StarLink to become cheaper than my current ISP. I’m hoping that with bezos bringing in more competition, that the price will be lowered. Bring me that price equilibrium yea monopolistic capitalist.

swd120 t1_iudxxpa wrote

If you have a decent option available for less than starlink, you should be using it.

Starlink is for people with no options, or shit options (like rural dsl, or viasat/Hughes net)

NoxicRox t1_iue1tl4 wrote

Right now it is, but as StarLink becomes more affordable and with innovation being pushed, I can see us going wireless eventually. Fiber optics are great but it’s slowly becoming outdated.

It’s long overdue too as the current isp market is very much a natural monopoly at worse and at best maybe a duopoly.

Similar to Teslas first vehicles that were priced non-economically, StarLink will eventually become affordable through increased monthly users and natural competition.