Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Key_Manager_1702 t1_iucleoi wrote

I get really sad sometimes thinking of the billions of alien life that has most likely evolved and went extinct perhaps on planets with no intelligent life to document and remember them. On this planet we had everything from tyrannosaurus rex to hamsters - imagine the extremes of life in the billions of planets out there. Creatures bigger, meaner, more impressive than anything we have every seen. Imagine knowing how they hunt, how they cooperate, what they are capable of.

Also intelligent life. Imagine the cities, the culture, music, art, dance, science that has been lost. I can listen to some music and it almost brings me to tears, imagine the beauty that could have been created by other species that we'll never hear. Sad.

MVRK_3 t1_iudsxal wrote

Also what kind of life. When we think of aliens, most people just think of aliens we’ve seen in movies and what not. Being on other planets may not even be carbon based life. They could be almost anything other than the forms we normally think of. There’s some weird life forms on this planet, like the stuff we see in deep oceans, but there could be literally anything making up life on other planets in the universe.