Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

erkynator OP t1_ixefaw5 wrote

I understand the concept of theoretical physics. But at the same time I do live a big lump of rock, and the model of “balls in a box” is logical when you consider earth, moons, stars etc. Always happy to educated, talked down to no so much.

Embarrassed_Aside_76 t1_ixei0tg wrote

If you haven't already I would suggest reading Stephen Hawkins book "a brief history of time" as it tackles a lot of these concepts

If you don't have any advanced physics qualifications or mathematics (I only say this because most people don't) it's quite information dense, so you'll want to chunk it up. I hugely recommend when I found it hard to grasp the points to watch some YouTube videos about it. Especially with things like additional dementions, YouTube was unreal for helping me visualise things better.

The concepts get progressively more challenging as the book progressed I found, but it's informative throughout.

FowlOnTheHill t1_ixew5yr wrote

I second YouTube as an excellent resource:

Check out: Melodysheep, Kurzgesagt, Veritasium

They all have good easy to understand videos.

People like PBS space time but I think it’s very technical and easy to lose track.

Read any book by Carlo rovelli. “7 brief lessons in physics” is a good one to start with. “Reality is not what it seems” is also good if you liked the previous one.